The pilot has been designed with the following goals in mind:
- 1.Demonstrate contractual automation and disintermediation of renewable energy project finance using blockchain-based smart contracts
- 2.Demonstrate alternative finance schemes with pay-to-own models for community ownership of solar assets.
- 3.Demonstrate the integration between data from internet-of-things (IoT) devices into payment schemes and climate asset tokenisation (Renewable Energy Certificates).
- 4.Stress test all features in the OpenSolar platforms, including user experiences, fiat ramps and smart contracts.
- 5.Provide a blueprint for a finance plan to transform all of Puerto Rico’s public schools into solar powered emergency shelters.