- 1.Low Fees: Each shard is less expensive compared to the parent blockchain.
- 2.Big partner ecosystem: Ethereum has a large number of partner companies looking to improve different aspects of using and getting on to Ethereum.
- 3.More secure and decentralised: Shards are easy to run and the requirement to become a shard validator is not high. The number of Ethereum full nodes is around 6000 and the number of shards will only be more, making it more decentralised than Stellar.
- 4.Improved functionality: Since shards replicate the functionality of Ethereum-L1, the EVM and other features are available on any shard.
- 5.Faster transactions: Transaction processing is split into multiple shards and each shard can process the same amount of transactions faster since there are more processing units.