- 1.More Secure and Decentralised: There are more people running Lightning nodes than Stellar nodes. Lightning relies on Bitcoin-L1 for security, ensuring a high safety margin for investments.
- 2.Faster payments: Since Lightning transactions are settled immediately, this is faster than having to wait for a block. Lightning transactions can also be asynchronous since there are multiple channels open at the same time.
- 3.Good partner ecosystem: Many partner companies are available in the Lightning ecosystem and it is easy to leverage their help to improve the functionality of Opensolar. Building on Lightning would also enable the possibility of lightning mobile apps - web platform cross integration, making it easier for receivers to pay back towards projects.
- 4.Improved Functionality: Lightning offers more functionality (atomic swaps, state update proofs) that Opensolar could expand on compared to Stellar, and Lightning core development is faster than Stellar.
- 5.Option to switch between Bitcoin-L1 and Lightning: For high valued investments, it is easy to leverage Bitcoin-L1's security.